Sunday, April 06, 2008

love

To love is to forgive when that person who has wronged u does not really deserve it.
And not only to forgive, but repeat this act over and over again (according to the bible, it's 70 x 7 times) no matter how undeserving it seems.
It is an untiring act and grace poured out unceasingly.
Yes..that's what love means. It's a choice made, not based on emotions and feelings.
It's easier said than done. And I believe God has caused that disaster to happen so that I may catch a glimpse of how gracious our Lord Jesus is. How many times has He forgave me of my sins and wrongdoings...when I don't deserved it, I'm not even worthy to untie the thong of His sandal.
Yeah folks, don't worry about me. Even as I'm typing this, I've already forgiven that person. No, it's not my significant other who has caused the disaster, so don't bash him up yeah? Haha..
Thank you Lord for being so real to me and going through this with me. You taught me how to love, to forgive and to be more like You.
It's really amazing how God deals with your problems and your deep issues inside you. His approach is personal, subtle and tailored to you that no professional psychologist can beat Him! Yes, this is the God that I believe in-Mighty Counsellor and Prince of Peace who can contain your buckets of tears.
I crave for success and perfection. The competitiveness in me turns ugly into kiasu-ness which lurks in my heart. Sigh...It's hard to be broken down and eat the humble pie. But that's what God will do when you pray that dangerous prayer of Lord, mould me and shape me to be more like You. Yea, so be prepared when we pray for God to move in our lives. Though the admonishing part is painful it's worth it when you reach the finale of the race...So hang on people..God will carry us through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home