Wednesday, December 26, 2007

On reflections and others

The year 2007 just flew past me without me realising.The happenings and events that were assumed and thought to be an agony in the beginning of 2007 had already TOOK PLACE! Can't imagine the grace of God which brought me through all those moments which seem to last forever. I wasn't quite looking forward to 2007 actually due to the many commitments which I forsee myself undertaking. Truly it's only by God's grace that I was able to accomplish all that I set out to do.
Firstly, the big thing was my violin exams. I didn't tell anyone about this, but I actually whispered to myself before the exam that I'm going full time in music if I pass it with distinction. Haha..couldn't believe it when it actually came true. And yep..I'm in music now. The whole process of exam wasn't easy. Indeed now that I look back, I'm amazed by how I managed to juggle my time between music practice and college studies. The very fact that my college exam was just one week before my violin exam really scared me. Not to mention that my cousin's wedding was also on the same week of my exams. Well, the preparations which went into it was horrendous as I was the bridesmaid. Again..yeah again..I was the bridesmaid again. Some people said a girl can't be bridesmaid for more than 3 times lest she wouldn't be able to get married. Yeah..I'm superstitious to a certain extent. Sigh...
Secondly, the internship! Yeah..it was a big thing for me as it was something I really needed to go through to decide for my career. God really helped me and blessed me with the opportunity to work with one of the finest firm in the world. He enabled me to broaden my horizons and opened my eyes to have a glimpse of what it's like in the seemingly "perfect" working environment. Now I know what's best in the eyes of the world may not be so after you've been in it. However, really thank God for holding my hand through the internship. It was really tough having to miss youth meetings/worship practice on Saturdays due to teaching. It's over...
Thirdly, having to decide about my career. The story is too long to be written here. Anyway..it's been decided and I pray to God that there'll be no turning back..no turning back..no matter how attractive the pay may be...I will hold on to my first love. I will..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home