Sunday, January 22, 2006

CNY?

CNY is so near but yet my heart is so far away. I don't feel the joy of Chinese New Year at all. Probably I've missed it last year due to my Germany trip. So it was really not much of a big deal not being able to celebrate CNY. Yeah...probably I'm more grown up and the joy of CNY has been robbed away. Most of my cousins from my father's family are already wearing different hats by now. Some became daddy, mommy, and some are already attached. So practically they are no longer crazy and youthful like they used to be in previous years. I remember that we used to be so crazy during CNY, just sitting around yaking and popet-ing, playing cards, making all sorts of lame jokes. We hardly got any sleep and we would go out middle of the night looking for food in Taiping town. But NOW.......every once in a while when we try to sit around for a chat, the yelling and crying of the small children just turn me off. My cousins are no different with the modern day parents who pamper and spoil kids. I really have no comments except looking at my cousins' kids with anger and frustration when they talk to me with no respect or whatsoever. Sigh....I'm just being realistic and cynical about this year's CNY. It's going to be boring again this CNY in my dad's hometown. I hope things will be much more different in my mum's hometown where I get to leave my hair down a lil' and chit-chat with my lovely, beautiful Ah-yi(means mum's sisters), and of course their evergreen daughters. Trust me, they never grow old. They are still quite short and babyface though they are around my age.
Ok...till then...enjoy CNY everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home